Beausejour Council currently has a membership of 107 Brother Knights. Our Council represents and supports the following parishes, St. Mary - Beausejour, Our Lady of Hope - Anola, Holy Ghost Ukrainian - Beausejour, St. Michael’s - Cooks Creek, Sacred Heart - Garson, and St. John Paul II - Oakbank. Our Council supports and assists three Parish Priests. Rev. Fr. Rene Chartier is Chaplin of our Council. Brother Knights are active at all Parishes, Parish Council’s, Church, and Cemetery maintenance.
Holy Ghost Ukrainian Parish just celebrated Deacon Walter Dudych and was
Our Deputy Grand Knight Ed Farias from Scared Heart Parish assisted in the clean up at Scared Heart Cemetery on 3 evenings in the summer of 2020. Brother Ed is also on the Scared Heart Administration Board and Chairperson at the Garson Community Hall Board.
Last summer Brothers at St. Mary assisted and mentored a Green Team Youth with grass cutting and trimming at St. Mary and Ladywood Cemeteries. The five youth were all sons and grandsons of Brother Knights.
Our Council members participate in a Highway Clean Up Campaign in May and September each year followed by Breakfast and fellowship.
COVID prevented our Council from person to person Executive and General Meetings from November 2020 until February 2021. Council continued with our good works via E Mail meetings followed by ZOOM meetings, with the following initiatives.
- Local Food Bank and Beausejour Community Kitchen financially supported.
- Seminarian Serge Buisse, supported financially and personally.
- Brother Knights assisted in 5 Blood DonorClinics in Beausejour and Cooks Creek.
- Brother Knights assisted in Video Taping and Virtual Mass at St. Mary, Beausejour, and Sacred Heart , Garson, enabling parish members, Beausejour Hospital, and Beausejour East Gate Personal Care Home to celebrate Mass.
- Financial support to Four Pro-Life Organizations.
- Council was advised in December 2020 that an elderly parish couple were in financial distress and required fire wood to heat their old home while their new mobile home had utility services hooked up. Due to COVID there were delays in hook up. A brother Knight immediately delivered and unloaded 3 truck loads of firewood for the couple until utility services were hooked up in early February 2021. Council covered the cost of the firewood at $800.00. Council “Left No Neighbour Behind”.
- Council donated and presented two cases of Winter Coats for Kids to Eastman Child and Family Services for distribution to the needy in our surrounding communities.
- In February 2021. Brother Knight Gerry Koreman, from Cooks Creek, was awarded, Honour 150 Recipient/Manitoba 150. Brother Gerry is a pillar of the Community and Parish. Under his leadership, as President of the Cooks Creek Community Club, over $500.000 was raised towards the expansion of the Community Club.
- Our Council publishes a monthly Council Bulletin thanks to Brother Arley Corbett who provides an update on Council’s activities to all our members and clergy.
- Our Brother Knights are Board Members and also financially support Open Doorways Orphanage in Haiti. Currently we are helping 13 beautiful children.
- In November 2020, Mass was celebrated for our Deceased Brothers and their Spouses and Brother Knights recited the Necrology.
- Council raised funds for distribution in our communities by way of a 50/50 Christmas Raffle, a NFL Super Bowl Draw, and a Mothers Day, Wine and Flower Basket Raffle.
- Brother Gerard Lannoo, is a champion for Pro- Life initiatives with our Council. He collects metal scrap from beverage cans, to vehicles and turns the revenue over to Pro Life or Ronald McDonald House.
- Beausejour Council again supports our Grade 12 graduating students with a $750.00 Bursary awarded each June.
- Council again supported the “40 Cans for Lent Program” with food and financial donations going to local Food Banks.
- Council members recite the Rosary at each Fifth Sunday of the Month Masses.
- Council supports the Annual Caritas Dinner through Ticket Purchases and attendance.
Although the current Pandemic has challenged our Council’s ability to provide assistance in many area’s, we continue to work with our Brothers, Families, Parishes and Communities the best way we are able to.
Powered by Phoca Download